The New Traffic System
Aquira is a powerful and highly flexible Traffic system designed for local and national sized radio businesses. With its modern user interface Aquira provides real time access to sales and inventory data, and a vast range of scheduling, billing, and reporting options. Aquira helps you manage clients, prospects and sales team call activity. Aquira is the innovative solution to all your traffic needs.
Multiple Station Capability
Aquira's scalable platform supports single station to multi-station or multi-location broadcast groups centrally in the one system. The highly secure database lets you easily manage the scheduling and billing of advertising orders across multiple stations via one central location. Contracts are handled seamlessly from order entry through to single or multi-invoice billing.
Aquira is easy to use - you can open multiple logs at the same time and drag and drop spots from one day to the other. You can key in a weekly or monthly spot line for each contract. With multiple stations having their own accessibility to one database, you can move from one window to another without the fear of losing your work.
Control of Sales
Aquira gives your sales staff the information they need without interrupting your traffic people back at the station. Flexible Rate Cards allow you to cope with variation due to demand and seasonality. Up-to-the-minute avails empower sales staff to sell. Sales staff can add client proposals directly into the system and submit them for approval. Credit controllers can access real time data when they need it, making approvals come faster. Agencies can book spots on hundreds of stations seamlessly. The interaction between management, traffic and sales comes together with Aquira.
Superior ReportingAquira provides the most powerful real time reporting you can find. Account and Contract management, invoicing, spot analysis, avails, and sales - a myriad of useful reports that provide immediate information for informed decisions. Create your own custom reports by adding attributes with user definable fields. The options are endless. Aquira is the complete, management-oriented traffic system designed to keep pace with the rapidly changing and competitive world of radio.
World Class Support
Our Support department is legendary. All the people who help you solve your day to day problems are radio people, too. RCS Support never sleeps and is always open 24/7/365 for Aquira users worldwide.
Aquira2GO is a browser-based application with a responsive user interface optimized to work on most modern mobile devices, tablets, and smart phones. Part Customer Relationship Manager (CRM), part Sales Proposal Tool, Aquira2GO lets the Account Executive remotely access data for their clients, build a proposal with real time access to the station inventory, and present it to the advertiser, keeping them completely connected to the managers and traffic team back at the station.
- Manage single stations to multi-station or multi-location broadcast groups, using centralized Traffic and Sales system.
- Define which roles can access different parts of the software.
- Allows your reps to safely login to the database using Windows authentication.
- Create reports from scratch.
- Use one of the many system reports.
- Modify a system report and save it as your own.
- Drag and drop spots.
- View multiple stations and/or days at any time.
- Add the fields that you want in the application.
- Customize important data you need for reporting.
- Key in weekly or monthly spot lines.
- Attach any number of stations to one piece of media on one line.
- Create and manage scripts within the same application.
- Generate a single invoice or multiple invoices, and statements at the click of a button.
- Maintain account information for transactions, payments, invoices and journals.
Day Parts (Time ranges)
- Define different time ranges for different stations down to a granularity of 5 minutes.
Flexible Rate Cards
- Cater for different rate variations due to demand and seasonality.
- Aquira supports multiple language translations.
- Aquira requires two Server components, SQL and the Aquira Service. A third component, IIS, is required for some features. These may be hosted on the same machine or across a number of physical or virtual hosts.
- Spreading components across two or three hosts is recommended for larger sites - please consult RCS for more specific system configurations.
SQL SERVER REQUIREMENTS:
While we support Express versions of SQL Server, there are many limitations. Please contact RCS for advice when considering Express.
- SQL Server 2014
(latest Service Pack)
- With SQL Server 2014 Management Objects installed.
- With SQL Server 2008 Management Objects installed.
- We recommend running SQL2014 in SQL2012 or 2008 compatibility mode.
- SQL Server 2012 (latest Service Pack)
- With SQL Server 2012 Management Objects installed.
- With SQL Server 2008 Management Objects installed.
- SQL Server 2008 R2 (latest Service Pack)
- With SQL Server 2008 Management Objects installed.
As noted, all versions of SQL require the following SQL Server 2008 Management Objects:
Available in 32 and 64-bit variants. See http://download.microsoft.com/download/b/9/a/b9a78047-d269-4a25-88a1-9c4321d90677/instructions_enu.htm for further information and downloads.
SQLXML 4.0 (latest Service Pack) (sqlxml4.msi) is required when creating or upgrading an Aquira Database.
If the Aquira Service component is installed on a different host to SQL Server, the above Management Objects are also required on this host.
AQUIRA SERVICE REQUIREMENTS:
- .NET Framework Version 4.0 (latest Service Pack) or above.
INTERNET INFORMATION SERVICES (IIS) REQUIREMENTS:
IIS must be installed for the following features:
- Aquira Online
- OneClick Deployment via IIS (also known as Click Once).
- Web API
These Services may co-habit a single IIS instance or be separate.
- IIS Requirements:
- IIS 7.0 or higher
- .NET Framework Version 4.5 (latest Service Pack) or higher.
- ASP.NET MVC4.0 (for Aquira2GO and Aquira Online).
- ASP.NET Web Pages (Aquira2GO and Web API)
Unless MVC3.0 is installed which includes Web Pages.
If all components are installed on the same host, the following specifications are recommended:
- Operating System:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (latest Service Pack) or above is required for optimal multi-user performance.
- Server RAM:
- 16GB or higher for small sites - 1 to 2 Stations with a maximum of 3 concurrent Users.
- 64GB or higher for larger sites - 3 or more Stations with 4 or more concurrent Users.
- Memory is dependent on the SQL Edition and projected size of the Aquira database which may grow by 1GB per Station per year.
- It is advisable to have enough memory to allow SQL to cache the entire database into memory while allowing a remaining operating overhead
- Server Processor:
- 3GHz or faster.
- For best performance and value, choose a CPU with the fewest but fastest cores. A 4 core CPU with a 3.5 GHz clock speed will give much better performance than an 8 core CPU with a 3.0 GHz clock speed.
- As Microsoft license SQL by processor cores, an appropriate CPU may cost several hundred dollars more but will perform better and save thousands of dollars in SQL licensing costs.
- Server Disk:
- 650MB minimum disk space required for server application installation.
- Overall disk space will depend on the database size.
- For most SQL Servers the following disk configuration is recommended:
Disk Usage 2 disks in RAID 1
10K RPM minimum
SQL System databases
2 x SSD in RAID 1
SQL Data files for Aquira
2 disks in RAID 1 SQL Log file for the Aquira database only
- Access to an SMTP service for email functionality.
AQUIRA CLIENT WORKSTATION
- Operating System
The following Operating Systems can be used; 64 bit editions are preferable:
- Windows 7 Ultimate, Enterprise or Professional
- Windows 8 Enterprise or Pro
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise or Pro
- Windows 10 Enterprise, Enterprise LTSB or Pro
64 bit editions are preferable
Other editions, such as Home Premiums, are not supported.
- 3GHz or faster Processor recommended.
- 8GB or higher RAM recommended.
- Disk Space
- 400MB minimum disk space required for workstation application installation, 110MB for OneClick.
- Each workstation must have high quality network access to the Aquira Server via your internal network or via a VPN connection.
- If using WAN or VPN, bandwidth, latency and reliability are important considerations. Also see the Note section. Please contact RCS for more information.
- .NET Framework 4.0 (latest Service Pack) or higher is required.
- A PDF viewer is required for viewing some Aquira Reports.
- Aquira2GO Workstation
- All modern Mobile and Desktop Browsers are supported.
- We recommend and test in Google Chrome.
- Aquira Online Workstation
- Google Chrome, Internet Explorer 9 and above are supported.
- Minimum Screen Resolution 1280 x 1024.
- Standalone workstation minimum requirements are the same as the Client Workstation requirements mentioned above with the exception that RAM should be 16GB or higher. This configuration is an option only for very small sites (1 to 2 Stations with max 2 concurrent Users).
- A Server / Client configuration on a Windows Domain is still recommended over a Standalone configuration on a Windows Workgroup.
- A Windows Domain configuration is recommended over a Windows Workgroup. Please contact RCS if you are using Windows Workgroups.
Third Party Interface
- If you require a Third Party Interface for the Web API (with .NET 4.5), please contact RCS.
- Client deployments using Terminal Server or RemoteApp are supported including hosting within Azure.
- Deployment using Terminal Services, RemoteApp or Citrix, including in an Azure hosted Cloud environment are supported.
- Please contact RCS for advice before installation.
- What is Aquira?
- Aquira is a powerful and highly flexible Traffic system designed for local and national sized radio businesses. With its modern user interface Aquira provides real time access to sales and inventory data, and a vast range of scheduling, billing, and reporting options . Aquira helps you manage clients, prospects and sales team call activity. Aquira is the innovative solution to all your traffic needs. Aquira controls commercial scheduling, invoicing, edits, stores scripts, and provides instant sales and revenue projection reports. It manages clients, contacts, client calls and proposal revenue reports - according to your permissions as account manager.
- What businesses benefit most from Aquira?
- Radio stations for contract/schedule management and accounts receivable all benefit. Creative teams for script management and Sales teams for client management.
- How does Aquira manage my client database?
- Aquira maintains a database of client information. The database tracks clients, prospects, and business contacts ; Aquira logs sales calls and provides follow-up reminders for sales people. It categorizes and sorts clients as needed for targeted mail merge, direct mailing of newsletters, special event invitations or announcements.
- How are contracts handled?
- Contracts are entered into Aquira, or submitted from Aquira for review and acceptance. Default codes from clients can be used to make data entry fast and accurate. Copy and Repeat functions help speed your work. For example, one spot line can be split automatically across multiple stations. Enter contracts as far into the future as needed - there is no time limit for future scheduling. Key in weekly or monthly spot lines. Chargelines invoice package contracts and production fees, while Costlines track station costs for net revenue reporting.
- What about scheduling?
- All commercials are scheduled when entered, so available time reports are instant and always up-to-the-minute. Schedule warnings are automatically highlighted, and if any rules have been broken and you need to perform last minute changes to schedules, simply drag and drop spots directly on or between the logs. Yes, that means you can open multiple logs at the same time. Client and product clashes are automatically highlighted. Schedules can be printed or exported to various automation systems. Aired times for commercials can be imported from some automation systems for reconciliation.
- What reports are available?
Create reports from scratch, use one of the many system reports, or modify a system report and save it as your own.
Aquira reports include:
- Schedules reports
- Sales and revenue projection reports
- Commission reports
- Accounting reports
- What about invoicing?
- Within Aquira, there is a complete Accounts Receivable system to handle invoicing, receivable amounts and overdue reports . Aquira's role based security ensures that the right people have the right access to the right information.
- How does it handle scripts?
- In the Creative section of Aquira, copy can be written and attached to the contracts and media/automation code. The Copy Editor now provides full editing functionality. Print scripts or e-mail them directly to the client for approval.
- What type of computer do I need to run Aquira?
- See our Technical Requirements page for details.
- How is Aquira different to Airwaves?
- Aquira is the next evolution of Airwaves . Aquira is packed with hundreds ofnew usability, performance, and management improvements , all based on our valuable customer feedback. Of course, Aquira looks different than Airwaves, with its modern easy to use interface, but the most significant differences can be found in Aquira's secure, scalable, design . Aquira supports single-station to multi-station or multi-location configurations. Combine this with its customizable report writer, and the rock-solid security features needed to manage secure local and remote access, and you have one very powerful traffic tool.